What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aileron Throw and TruTrak roll servo

azcloudflyer

Hi everybody,
I have just set my aileron neutral position and am about to set the TruTrak linkage and have a couple of questions.

I notice that once I attached the triangular bracket to the bellcrank and install the motor, the downward aileron deflection is then limited by the triangular bracket landing on top of the motor. This seems to be inherent in the design. At this point without the motor linkage connected I have +30 deg up and -22 deg down in the aileron. My first question is this correct that the triangular bracket lands on top of the motor.

My second question is how to set the servo motor to bellcrank linkage? Do you go to full up aileron deflection and adjust the motor to be against its limit stop plate?

Lastly, the motor travel limit stop plate further limits aileron throw. If I set max up deflection at one of the motor stops, then I am further limited in the down direction. I then get +30 deg up and -16 deg down. Is this OK?

Mike
Azcloudflyer at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~azcloudflyer/

Back