What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

aileron stops

ge9a

Well Known Member
When are you supposed to set the aileron stops? Is this done when initially fitting the ailerons to the wings, or after fitting the wings to the fuse and attaching all of the push rods? Is the 32.4 deg. angle for the 'aileron up deflection' absolutely critical? I've measured mine (one side only, for now - wings not attached yet) and the upward deflective is 31.5 deg with the aileron stop clecoed in place. Should I be concerned?

It appears the 'down' deflection is determined by setting the opposite aileron 'up' deflection properly (when all is mounted to the fuse, obviously). But does anyone happen to know what the 'down' deflection should be, just so I know I'm in the ballpark before I attach the wings?

Thanks.

Look at Mickey Coggin's site...

I used Mickey's aileron stop idea, and set them up when I attached the ailerons to the wings while the wings were still in the storage rack. Worked great, and I got exactly the deflections I want. You are right that the up stop creates the down stop for the opposite side.

Paul

Back