What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aileron Stop

ten4teg

Well Known Member
I am getting ready to mount my Trutrak servo for roll. I noticed there is some flat steel welded to the control tube which looks like it is for an aileron stop. It is very close to where the Trutrak bracket is on the control tube and I just want to make sure I am not getting in the way of something. I can't find anything in the plans where this flat steel on the control tube is used. Any confirmation is appreciated. Tom

From the sound of it, that's where the aileron trim springs connect to the system.

Tim

ten4teg said:
...I noticed there is some flat steel welded to the control tube which looks like it is for an aileron stop. It is very close to where the Trutrak bracket is on the control tube....
You must have a newer kit. Described in DWG OP-01, the WD-807E SPRING RETAINER is now welded to the control tube. In the past, that part was included with the (optional) electric aileron trim kit and installed by the builder with LP4-3 rivets.

fuselageassembly28015pq3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Actually, I have a very early kit that I purchased from the original builder.
It does have an optional Aileron Trim with it, but it is part of the left Aileron and not on the control tube.
Tom

Back