What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

aileron reinforcement plate

ditch

Well Known Member
I've been trying to find the piece of aluminum needed to make the aileron reinforcement plates. Must have tore the hole place apart and come up with nothing. Can someone please tell me if the pieces are already cut to size or if its one big piece. I assume it's one piece and you have to make them. Is there a part number on the piece? I can't find any aluminum chunck thick enough to make them out of. If someone can help, I'd appreciate it. I'll keep looking in the mean time.

I think you may be talking about the A-408 aileron spar reinforcement plates.
looking at my plan sheets, I see 2 pcs. per aileron, one at each end. The dimensions are given on the left side at E/F 10. I'm pretty sure the plates are already cut to size, and you match drill them to the spars, A-403pp. Maybe you are confused because of section A-A, and B-B in the center of the drawing only show part of the plates, and it is confusing. refer to the exploded view in the lower right, and visualize what it will look like in the section views with all the other stuff on top of them. Look for 4 plates 2 3/4 x 2 1/2 .040 thick.

Hope this helps ya!

Well, the bags are the one place I didn't look. Heading there right now. Thanks for all the help.

Found them, had all the bags labled what they were but ofcourse that bag was folded so small that my gas tank stiffeners were laying on it and covered them up perfectly. Thanks again. One other thing, I must have gotten 40 to 50 feet of aluminum angle with the wing kit. I know that the two long ones are the longerons for the fuselage but what the heck is the rest for. I figured some were for making the wing jig but only used about 5 feet and that stuff I bought myself because I didn't want to use something I wasn't supposed to. Thats 40-50 feet with out the longerons. Is that stuff used up on the fuselage later?

Yes , I believe it is. You're right, the 2 15'+ are the longerons. The rest is used for other stuff.

Back