What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aileron push tube interference

Bill.Peyton

Well Known Member
I now have both wings actuation complete and notice that upon full down deflection of the aileron the W-1018 tube rubs the W-1013 bracket. while it initially appeared that it was hitting the rivets, it is actually rubbing at the bottom of the 1013 bracket. I read in an earlier thread that some have had to widen the hole. In this case, it would not help. I am measuring 20 degrees down and 32 degrees up deflection from neutral before I get any interference in either direction. If I push further to 21.5 degrees I see the interference. Will the deflection become limited once the remaining mechanical gets attached?

IMG_1640.jpg

Will the deflection become limited once the remaining mechanical gets attached?

IMG_1640.jpg

That was my experience.

Also, be sure to set the linkage as the instructions say-----you start with the outboard bellcrank held in position with the alum jig plate, and adjust things from there.

I have the same issue and from what I read, once both wings are connected to the stick, the aileron movement will be much more limited than it is before then.

I have the same issue and from what I read, once both wings are connected to the stick, the aileron movement will be much more limited than it is before then.

I have the same interference with my wings. My EAA tech evaluator, Jeff Moreau, gave me the exact same advice. Once it's all mounted/connected to the fuse, I'm to check it one more time and drill as required....but I probably won't need to.

I see a trend in the advice.

I am going to leave it be for now and see what happens when I get the wings mounted. One curious thing I noted was when I mounted and adjusted the A/P servo it limited the travel so much so that there was no sign of interference. This is probably an indication that the travel will be limited after installation.
Bill

Back