What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aileron alignment tooling hole

Fedico94

I have a QB wing and am having trouble deciding which of two holes in Rib 912 is the froward tooling hole. One has a plastic bushing in it and the other is 3/16 in size. They are just 5/8 inches apart but could significantly alter the aileron and flap position> Two holes in line with each other in the vertical position just in front of the lightening hole nearest the main spar. One is 1 7/8 inch from the bottom edge and the other is 2 1/2 inches from the bottom edge. Which is the correct one?? :confused:

Aileron alignment tooling holes...

Look at the last two pictures on this page and you will see what you need to know visually. http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a125.htm

There are a few extra holes I drilled in the rib when I had it in the wing jig, but pay attention to the way the 3/4" angle is mounted relative to the lightening holes in the rib. You should not have any doubt as to how it should be installed. Remember that the holes are directly in the chord line from the leading edge to the trailing edge. When properly aligned, the aileron will match the contour of the upper and lower wing skins of the wing.

Jerry K. Thorne
East Ridge, TN
RV-9A - - N2PZ
Hobbs = 234.7 hours

Back