What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aileron Activation Page 23-6

ethand

Well Known Member
Looking for a little clarification (Vans is closed today) on the length required for the torque tube assembly. The figures (3&4) on page 23-6 show a length of 17 25/32 to 17 3/4"

The clarification I need is one end of the dimension lines is on the face of the previously installed VA162 on the pushrod end. The other is poorly drawn and does not look like it lines up with anything. I assume it is the other face of the other pushrod end? But the drawing is not clear. It is drawn for the left and the right but both show the second line kind of out in space.

Hopefully I explained that well enough.

Thanks

Looking for a little clarification (Vans is closed today) on the length required for the torque tube assembly. The figures (3&4) on page 23-6 show a length of 17 25/32 to 17 3/4"

The clarification I need is one end of the dimension lines is on the face of the previously installed VA162 on the pushrod end. The other is poorly drawn and does not look like it lines up with anything. I assume it is the other face of the other pushrod end? But the drawing is not clear. It is drawn for the left and the right but both show the second line kind of out in space.

Hopefully I explained that well enough.

Thanks

Before you build them to that dimension, check fit everything to the wings, after drilling one end only. I built mine exactly to the drawing and they ended up pulling the bearings that they rotate on towards each other in the bearing race, when the nuts were added to the ends. I ordered more tube and drilled one end and then put everything in the wing and marked the tube for the length to keep from pulling the bearings, and then drilled on the board as depicted. Mine ended up being slightly longer for the perfect fit.

IIRC, these parts were drawn in the plans with the right one on the left side of the page and the left on the right - albeit labeled correctly.

Caused me hours of head-scratching wondering why I couldn't get the rigging right.........

Back