What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ahh...the Romance Continues!

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Tools - gotta love 'em!

When it comes to gifts, Louise knows just the way to my heart - if not flying time, then tools will do. We're actually pretty well fixed with everything we NEED to build an RV (having done one already), but who says you have to stop there? Yesterday, she gave me TWO Tungsten bucking bars for my birthday! I'll admit, I have been lusting after one ever since I first heard about them - just the name sounds cool....."Tungsten".....it just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?!

I can hardly wait to get into the shop and pound a few rivets! I might even shoot some that I would have otherwise "squoze" (take that, spell-checker...:p)!

Of course, since we're really building HER next airplane, this might not be as selfless a gift as it might first appear....but that's OK - a good marriage can be held together with enough rivets!:cool:

Paul

Squoze

I can hardly wait to get into the shop and pound a few rivets! I might even shoot some that I would have otherwise "squoze" (take that, spell-checker...:p)! Paul

I love word usage like that. Here is what the slang dictionary had to say:

Verb
squoze
(nonstandard, humorous) Simple past tense and past participle of squeeze.

"Nonstandard, humorous" sounds like the author. :) Happy Birthday, Paul.

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

To paraphrase a familiar saying,

"The family that rivets together, stays together!"

Congratulations, Paul, on both the birthday and the recent wedding anniversary.

Tungston

Hey Paul

Once you go tungston you will never go back. They are small and they fit everywhere. You cannot believe the difference something small like that can be that dense and drive them so smoothly. Sometimes I feel like doing my empanage again so I can really do it right. :D

you got it made

A buddy of mine at work has to smuggle everything in from Harbor freight and dirty it up a bit to make it look like its been there for years...And he still gets in trouble

At least I just buy it with no fear of comeback..:)

Frank

Back