What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

After 2 months off the wings have arrived

jtrollin

Well Known Member
Well I tried to plan a gap so I could get some other things done but then my pesky job got in the way. My wings are now here, but still have a long honey do list to finish off... how to manage the time..

I can help with your time management. Give me your wing kit and I will give you mine when it comes in, I just ordered mine last week and I dont have anything to do.:D

things you can do

I can help with your time management. Give me your wing kit and I will give you mine when it comes in, I just ordered mine last week and I dont have anything to do.:D

you can come do the fiberglass work on my tail if you want

Probably my least favorite thing to do so far. A couple of the fairings took quite a bit of reworking. Have you done any of them yet?

Steve Stella
waiting for wings:(

Probably my least favorite thing to do so far. A couple of the fairings took quite a bit of reworking. Have you done any of them yet?

Steve Stella
waiting for wings:(

No, I am saving fiberglass to do all at once. I used to make surf boards so I have experience with fiberglass, but like you do not enjoy it so much. I did not want to buy a bunch of fiberglass stuff and have to store it over the next few years as storage is tight (my wife will not relinquish her side of the garage).

I know what you mean, the garage space was a source of a few intense discussions over last couple years.(especially when it snows):)

The build time never includes the extra garden sheds/loft space you have to generate so YOU can have ALL the garage! And it's still a battle trying to keep all the "stuff" out of it :mad:......

Fuselage arrives this afternoon :D

I'm jealous, I still have about 5 weeks for my wings to come in and I have nothing to do. You can only organize the workshop so many times.

Steve Stella
Waiting on wings
N521RV reserved

Can I just say the instructions for the wings go off the deep end really quick, I miss my tail cone instructions...

Wings

Well just this past Monday, I picked up the wing kit up in Oregon. Was a long drive but worth the effort. Now lots of work to do have fun everyone.

Can I just say the instructions for the wings go off the deep end really quick, I miss my tail cone instructions...

I don't want to scare you, but the same curve continues with the fuselage plans. It is assumed that you know you need to do the basic steps and you aren't hand held as much through the process.

It certainly has been a learning experience.

I don't want to scare you, but the same curve continues with the fuselage plans. It is assumed that you know you need to do the basic steps and you aren't hand held as much through the process.

It certainly has been a learning experience.

Well at least with the wings if you screw up one you still have the other one.. oh wait, you need both don't you?

Back