What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFT Window

JohnF

Well Known Member
I waited until the fuel tank and roll servo was installed to look at installing the aft window. I work alone, and that window is so "springy" that I am having a hard time getting it in place to begin using clecoes...I gave it a quick try before leaving the hangar this noon, but quit to think about it.

Did you do anything special to make this easier? What?

After posting the above message I took my Vespa and ran out to the airport to leave more water for the feral cat I have tamed (he lives in the hangar now) and decided to mess with the aft window again...started middle aft and used a small tie wrap threaded from the inside of the plane to pull the window up enough for a clecoe to grab...remembered someone else using a string affair...anyhow I have it clecoed in place and can begin drilling things tomorrow.

Still Would Like to See Some GOOD Hints

I'd still like to see hints. Each time I did it, had trouble each time.

Maybe dumb luck - but

I started one side "in", and the rest flopping on top, and clecoed it about 4 - 5 holes back from the front if I remember correctly. I then had another cleco ready and pushed it slowly around and into place. Seemed to work for me. Did it by myself maybe 3 - 4 times. Hasn't broke yet anyway !

John Bender

A helper helps

I have a helper. We inserted the top center and then worked out and dowm both sides. No problen with two of us.

Wayne 120241

Back