What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aft Inboard Tank Rib Sub-Assembly

cderk

Well Known Member
Hey All -

I'm finally ready to start messing around with ProSeal. I'm working on putting the Aft Inboard Tank Rib Assembly together and I'm a little nervous.

First, this section says that "Assembly steps from this point on require that sealant be installed between mating parts". OK, got it. Everything needs ProSeal moving forward.

So I'm looking at Figure 2 on Page 18-5 and I see that I'm attaching T-1010 (Anti-Rotation Plate), Fuel Flange and 5 nutplates. Am I putting proseal on the nutplates? If so, where? Or am I wanting until I screw something into the nutplates and then seal everything up at that point. Same goes for the Fuel Flange. Am I waiting for screw something in there and then proseal around it?

Just having a little difficulty understanding the process here.

Thanks!

I put Proseal on the parts (T-1010, VA-141, etc) and then after riveting I encapsulated the rivets and nutplates and made sure there was a fillet around the edge of the parts (Note: I did not apply Proseal to the nutplates themselves before riveting). I wasn't really trying to cover the screw hole in the nutplates per se, as I put a sealant on the screws themselves, but in some instances the whole nutplate got pretty well covered as I wasn't very surgical on my Proseal application.

Last edited:
I put Proseal on the parts (T-1010, VA-141, etc) and then after riveting I encapsulated the rivets and nutplates and made sure there was a fillet around the edge of the parts (Note: I did not apply Proseal to the nutplates themselves before riveting). I wasn't really trying to cover the screw hole in the nutplates per se, as I put a sealant on the screws themselves, but in some instances the whole nutplate got pretty well covered as I wasn't very surgical on my Proseal application.

Thanks Todd - thats kind of what I was thinking. I posed the same question to the guys at Van's and they said that I should just rivet the nutplates on and seal it up after the fact... so I think I have a decent idea of how to proceed.

Back