What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aft Canopy bolt hole

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Drilled the side skirt holes and enlarged all holes in the Plexiglass today. Thanks to all the info here, I used the hand drill and abrasive countersink and everything went perfectly (BIG sigh!). The canopy is on!! But the most aft top hole in each side skirt doesn't go through any part of the canopy frame-- just the skirt and plexiglass. Still use bolt and nut to hold the skirt to the plex? And on the right side the hole is too far aft-- the nut will hit the rear rollover bar. What have the rest of you done?

Thanks AGAIN! Wayne 120241/143WM

Good catch! I remember this as a problem for sure. If I remember right I used a thin headed nut with a little locktite, no washer, and shortened the screw a little to fit the new length to get more clearance. There should be no interferance with the nuts, but the two aft screws do interfer if the called out hardware is used. IMHO, you can be a little creative here.

Please no flaming about E-LSA rules, we all know what they are, but in this case a thin nut is needed.

Last edited:
Back