What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aft Battery Location?

awlbidnes

I'm New Here
Has anyone mounted their battery aft of the rear baggage bulkhead? Did you encounter any problems (CG, wire routing, etc.) and how were they solved? Any available photos of the bracket/mounting plate assembly would be very helpful.

This is the standard position on a 10, you may be able to adapt the parts from a 10 to fit into your 7...................but why do you feel the need to move weight to the rear????

In the 10, it is a design factor needed to make the CG come out correctly.

In addition, you will need more cable, which = more $, and more loss in starter performance.

Mike

I have an 0-360 with Hartzell. Putting the battery aft would certainly put me out of the CG envelope with lower fuel levels, two adults and baggage. If you're running a fixed pitch prop, you may even want a bigger battery, than my PC680, up front.

Roberta

The primary battery (the one used to start the engine) will be located on the firewall. I do not have a vacuum system but instead have an alternator attached to the vacuum pump drive that will charge a small secondary battery. This one runs a backup AI, one nav/com and a VOR/GS indicator head, just enough to get me home in the event of a primary electrical system failure. The engine is a Lyc IO-360 w/Hartzell CS prop. With one battery ahead of and one behind the wing aero center (both at about the same distance) I figured to break about even with regard to CG...

Back