What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS "Red Cube" Installation

wizard

I am having a hard time figuring out the best place to mount the fuel flow sensor. Anyone have some pics of their installation and their opinion on how well it works?

No Pic But...

I mounted mine in front of the fuel pump, on the floor, in the fuel line headed to the firewall there. It seemed unnecessary to actually mount it, but I do have some sound damping material under it (the gooey stuff with foil backing) to keep it from vibrating against the floor.

Hans

I have mine between the mechanical fuel pump and the FI servo. Works perfectly and is within 2/10 gal on fill up. Don

Hi,

When I talked to the guys at EI they told me to not attach it to the firewall and let it "float" on it's hose connections.

Hello Brian,

Kent,

I was thinking this exact installation. The photo doesn't clearly show, but does your support bracket bolt through one of the firewall angles?

IIRC I bent a L bracket out of .063 with two hole on each side of the L.
Two bolts come down through the red block and two hole go through the firewall with AN3 bolts. I put platenuts on the aft side of the firewall, one might have been on the angle, but not both of them.

It doesn't weigh very much, so I think that the platenut/firewall would hold it just fine.

Kent

Thanks

Thanks for all of you input. As soon as I install it, I will post a picture of for everyone's enjoyment.

In the latest version of the AF3500 manual, they show an installation pic that I don't recall in the earlier versions. It looks to me like they have it on a bracket on the baffling. That seems like a pretty good spot.

While we're on the subject of afs sensors... What are y'all doing for hooking up to capacitive fuel tanks? I'm looking at the dynon cap-voltage converter. Of course they say it's for hooking up to their kit, but I think it would be fine for AF3500 input too, eh?

Back