What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS-3400s-EE memory battery

recapen

Well Known Member
The button battery for memory and clock setting on my AFS unit has given up after 15 years of service.
I have checked with tech support to verify the existence - but not the location. They indicate they can probably replace the battery - but also probably don't have one in stock...leading to a long turnaround time.
Anyone out there had theirs apart to replace this battery? Can you tell me where it is located? Can you tell me what part number the battery carries - so I can try to get one.

Meanwhile, the clock synchronizes after it gets a signal from the GPS so it is not life threatening...just annoying from a data capture perspective.

Thanks!

Look at the top of the case behind the screen -- you should see a cover plate held on by two screws, remove the screws, remove the cover plate, offending battery should be in plain view. I forget the type however...(CR2032? CR2016? CR2045?)..

Edit: per the manual, the CMOS battery is a CR1225 and should be replaced every 5 years.

And here's a picture:

Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 5.08.12 PM.png

Look at the top of the case behind the screen -- you should see a cover plate held on by two screws, remove the screws, remove the cover plate, offending battery should be in plain view. I forget the type however...(CR2032? CR2016? CR2045?)..

Edit: per the manual, the CMOS battery is a CR1225 and should be replaced every 5 years.

And here's a picture:

View attachment 64607
I am really hoping it is that easy!
I will also dig in my manual as i missed this.

I am really hoping it is that easy!
I will also dig in my manual as i missed this.
The AF-3000x/4000x are different from the above picture and do not have a user replaceable battery, there is a small solder on battery on the main circuit board. We have the batteries in stock and can change them.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems

The AF-3000x/4000x are different from the above picture and do not have a user replaceable battery, there is a small solder on battery on the main circuit board. We have the batteries in stock and can change them.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems
I misread that - thought he had an “EM” like I did back-in-the-day…

The tech guy on the phone wasn't sure that you had them in stock - but said they could do it!
Sounds like a better plan to send it in for a quick official replacement than to try my hand at microsoldering!

Thanks for the clarification Rob - I will be calling in the next couple of weeks for a RMA.

Back