What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFP fuel pump bottom plate too big

Dean

The AFP bottom plate that holds the electric fuel pump assembly (F-7115A) is too wide to fit between the floor stiffeners. I have looked at other peoples sites and see they cut the sides and put on angle. Does it matter if the plate bulges when forced in between the rails. Why does Vans sell this plate too big. Is it a waste of time to try to get another plate from Vans that will fit. Dean

It's a very close fit, made even closer if your floor stiffeners are closer together than per-plans. If it bugs ya, trim off the fuel pump mounting plate's flanges and rivet your own on there. No big deal imho.

stuck with QuikBuild spacing

As Dan points out, you can cut off the flanges and build your own. Mine was tight too, the quickbuild crew didn't have the plate ready when they riveted the floor stiffeners in place...I should have cut off the bends and installed flanges like Tom Turnbull did. He used 3/4" .062 angles riveted to the plate and the whole plate looks much cleaner. I'll do it someday, when I get fed up with the fit I have now...

Back