What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerosport Products Rudder trim

n981ms

Well Known Member
I received my rudder trim and it certainly looks to be a quality unit. I did not receive any instructions. Overall it is fairly self explanatory and I have reviewed Aerosports website photo (http://www.aerosportproducts.com/ruddertrim.htm) but I still have a few questions.

1. Is there a particular angle to mount the control horns at?

2. The control horns have 3 holes. I think I remember reading somewhere that for the RV-10 the top hole is used. Is that correct?

3. Is the spring tension set such that at full rudder deflection there will still be slight tension on the spring? Specific tension or amount of spring stretch?

4. What tool is used to crimp the sleeves onto the wire?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Thanks Geoff. The video is great. One other thing that is not specifically mentioned in it. It looks like the tension is set with the control arms straight up and the rudder pedals in the neutral position. Is that correct?

Thanks again,

Last edited:
Thanks Geoff. The video is great. One other thing that is not specifically mentioned in it. It looks like the tension is set with the control arms straight up and the rudder pedals in the neutral position. Is that correct?

Thanks again,

That's correct.......

Bob

Can't wait to try them

I have mine and I'm in the middle of my annual and installation of these.
I will give a report once complete.

The plane gets better each year.

I have had the Aerosport rudder trim installed since my first flight 80 hours ago. It works great, and helps hold the rudder in the wind. I have also installed two additional springs which run from the rudder pedals to the firewall. These are fairly weak springs, but also help with the wind gust issue. I have the Aerosport panel and mounted the trim mechanism as shown. I did use a small amount of epoxy to help hold the arms in place.

IMG_2762.JPG

Unavailable

Any idea why the Aerosport products rudder trim is displayed as unavailable at this time on the Aerosport website?

Any idea why the Aerosport products rudder trim is displayed as unavailable at this time on the Aerosport website?

We are currently producing another batch of rudder trims. We do not like to have people order them online and have there money for more than a couple weeks and have them wait. If we have a set date we will let them know the date and see if they wish to wait. We did not have a confirmed date so we felt it was better to list them as unavailable at this time. If you are interested in getting one you can call and we have a list and we will contact you when they are available. I expect to have them in 30 days or less. Our CNC dept has been backed up for a while and is having longer lead times. Sorry for the Inconvenience but we feel this was the correct thing to do.

Geoff Combs http://aerosportproducts.com

Thanks Geoff

Thanks Geoff

I will call to order and we all appreciate your honesty, maybe change to parts back ordered or something. I was worried that you may have had a problem with the unit and are awaiting a redesign.

My turnout after pulling the plane out of hanger is always into tailwind which results in banging rudder every time I fly. I'm looking forward to stabiliizing the rudder and fixing the the trim.

Back