What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aeroled Suntail Chassis Ground

Lynnb

Well Known Member
I started looking at installing the Suntail today, realized I should order the cleveland mount to make this easier. So while I wait for the mount to get here I was thinking how do you ground the light Chassis as called out in the plans? I'm not talking about the ground for the light itself, I have the black ground wire running all the way back to the field of tabs at the panel. But in the instructions it calls for grounding the chasis of the light locally to protect from lightening, so wondering how others did this. Guess I should also mention I wasn't planning on installing the lower rudder fairing with nutplates, just rivets per plans.

Thanks in advance,
Lynn

sundial

I used a four pin Deutsch connector on the suntail; it fit through the Cleveland mount if necessary for removal and can be unplugged at the hinge line.

I added a chassis ground to the Cleveland mount and used one of the bolts used for the rudder stop to ground to the fuselage... A 1/4" PIDG connector was used in the chassis ground wire to facilitate removal...

Back