What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AeroLED Pulsar

BGS

Well Known Member
I was wondering if anybody has installed the AeroLED Pulsar Nav lights. I am now working on getting the tips finished up and about to install a set of the Pulsar lights.

Wondering if anybody has any pics of them installed. Also, how did you get to the back set screw that that holds the light to the mount?

Thanks

Here is a photo of an Pulsar NS90 in an RV tip:

image001.jpg_0_0.jpg

This is an external wingtip mount on a Lancair, an external RV mount would be pretty similar:

dscf2564.jpg_0_0.jpg

Got the chance to get the AeroLED Pulsar light installed. They fit very tight in the wingtip and must be pushed back as much as possible so that the front does not hit the lens.
The tips still needs to be painted as the brown color is just a skim coat of filler to fill in some chips that were there from the factory.

Here are a few pics:

http://www.briansrv10.com/lighting/navstrobe-lights/

Last edited:
Hi Brian,

I am surprised that you chose to install a set of Pulsar EXP lights in the cutout of your RV-10.
The Pulsar NS90 is the light that we designed for that application, while the EXP is designed for mounting on the exterior tip of the wing.
The NS90 is shorter, and does not have the rear white position lights, which will be blocked on your EXPs in your installation.

The standard lighting package for RVs that have the lights installed in the wingtip notch is a pair of NS90s and a Suntail.

The Pulsar family of products includes:

Pulsar EXP (long body experimental with red or green/strobe/white)
Pulsar (long body TSO pending with red or green/strobe/white)
Pulsar NS90 (short body experimental RV specific with red or green/strobe)
Pulsar NS180 (short body TSO granted with red or green/strobe)
Pulsar NSP (short body TSO granted with red or green/strobe/white)

Note that short body means the same length as a Whelen A650, while long body means the same length as a Whelen A600.

Here is a thread that compares the footprint sizes:
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=74521&highlight=aeroleds+footprint

If you would like to exchange your EXPs for a set of NS90s, please contact [email protected]

Best Regards,

Dean Wilkinson
CTO, AeroLEDS LLC

Last edited:
I have the AeroLEDs on my RV9. They have about 100 hours on time on them. I have been very pleased with their performance and low amperage draw.

I have AeroLeds on my RV-9A and man are they bright. I bought the smallest 4 light landing light and taxi light. I did my first night landing the other night and they are completely adequate for the job. Sure more light would even be better but this works fine for me. The wigway feature is super easy to connect with no additional hardware needed. The strobes are awesome too.

We've used the Pulsar EXP and MicroSun landing lights on all our Jabiru LSAs since late 2009. They are beautiful, factory support is great, and I haven't heard any complaints from our customers. The MicroSuns are very impressive when used for recognition blinkers!

Pulsar EXP's on the tips, and AeroSun 1600's in Duckworks mounts for the RV-3. They are all insanely bright, and work well. We've had some intermittent function on the Pulsars that appear to be related to the MOLEX connectors - I just tied them together with nylon ties this evening - will see if that fixes it. Very happy with the lights though - hardly any measurable current draw.

Paul

Back