What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerobatics in the RV-6?

riobison

Well Known Member
Can anyone confirm if the RV6 is certified for Aerobatics similar to the RV4 or the 8? Van?s site is not clear on this model.
Thanks
Tim

Yes, it is. The ones with the smaller rudder don't recover from spins as readily (but they do recover).

Aerobatics in RV-6(A)

I saw Van himself do a very nice low level aerobatic display in the factory RV-6A at Arlington Fly In (back when they actually emphasized aerobatics and did fly in displays). He also did the same display in his own RV-4. So the answer is YES

certified for acro??

Not to point out the obvious...but they aren't certified for anything.
The -6 "does" acro (at least mine does) but the idea that any amateur built aircraft is "certified" by the manufacturer is not correct.

might seem like stickling over words here, but it's not.

CHECK YOUR OPERATING LIMITATIONS!

Occasionally, people certificate an RV-6 without aerobatic approval.
If your operating limitations state the "aerobatics are prohibited", then they are not permitted.
Your operating limitations regulate your aircraft.

Also note that if aerobatics are approved, ONLY those maneuvers successfully tested and listed in the logs are approved.

Not to point out the obvious...but they aren't certified for anything.
The -6 "does" acro (at least mine does) but the idea that any amateur built aircraft is "certified" by the manufacturer is not correct.

might seem like stickling over words here, but it's not.

We get a airworthy certificate. Certified to fly baby!

Back