What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

aerobatic with constant speed propeller

aleroy

I'm New Here
Hi :)!
I live in France and learn aerobatic .
do you have informations about the settings when doing aerobatic with constant speed propeller on van's rv7 ( PA and RPM)
thank you

I leave my prop at 2500 rpm and modulate the throttle as needed. Vans publishes the entry speeds in the build manual. I usually use 120 to 140 knots. The 7 with 180hp is a great aero platform.

As for prop settings, I set mine at 2550 for any vertical aerobatics, this minimizes my speed buildup on the downline. As my aerobatic instructor said, "push them to the panel and fly it like you stole it":D

I wish very soon (few months i hope !) flying on rv7.
I 'm looking for an instructor to do transition and aerobatic on rv7A .
Does anybody knows an instructor flying aerobatic usually on RV7 in France ?
I appreciate all information about aerobatic on RV7.For the moment I learn aerobatic on cap 10 .
Thanks !

Last edited:
Welcome, Marie....

There are several RV builders and pilots in France and Europe on here, so you should hear from them soon.

I'm curious....is Marie a gentleman or a lady? My mom's name is Marie.

Welcome,

There are several RV builders and pilots in France and Europe on here, so you should hear from them soon.

I'm curious....is Marie a gentleman or a lady? My mom's name is Marie.

Welcome,
Thank you .
Yes I am a lady !!
I know there are several builders in France but I don't know instructors used to fly on van's aircraft . (I would like training aerobatic on the rv7 )

Last edited:
Slightly different

I do all my aerobatics at 2400 and 24" mp and while lean of peak..All that happens is you get less vertical penetration but the engine is perfectly happy.

I recommend learning to pull the throttle closed on the backside of loops..Once you get comfortable you can do them without pulling the throttle closed..But the RV builds up speed fast so do it the safe way first and always keep one eye on the ASI.

I use 160 knots for entry speed.

Here are some of my vids which I will update onde day..The inverted spin will be on the next video I promise.

www.youtube/user/frankandmarci

Speaking of which...Make sure you either learn inverted spins..or if you feel the RV tipping over backwards at the top of a hammerhead then do NOT keep pushing forwards in the hopes of completing the hammerhead..Thats how I discovered the inverted accelerated spin in the RV.

If I had not learned to recover from IS's I probably would not be here right now!

If the hammerhead falls over backwrds then full back and simply flop over backwards and try again.

Have fun but but be safe.

Frank

Back