What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aero Strategies Unlimited Fairings

tinman

Well Known Member
Do we have any reports out there (good/bad) on the upper intersection fairings from Aero Strategies? I was looking at their clever installation tabs which allow the gear leg fairing to push/ hold the intersection fairing into position and wondered how well it worked in the real world and how difficult they were to install correctly.

intersection fairings

I don't know about the uppers, but I used their lowers and loved them, they fit very nicely.

no tabs

I saw a set of the uppers (-8) and there are no tabs, even tho it looked like a good idea. They haven't been installed yet, but look like they will work and are of good quality

Hwood

I used their fairings and I liked the upper ones OK, but had to add to them to cover the holes made to install the gear legs on my RV8. No tabs.
I did not like the lower ones at all. Ended up cutting them off and making new pieces to mate to the gear leg fairing. Maybe it was just me, but I think it's just as easy to make your own and get a perfect fit rather than try to make someone elses fit right.
If you are ok with an average fit, then they are the thing for you.
My opinion only.

Back