What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aera 660 interface to GRT for GPS 1 with FP course

DennisRhodes

Well Known Member
Can I use the TX1 hard wire serial on a 660 and transfer that GPS flight plan and course over to a GRT map. I see the set up for serial 1 off the 660 and appears that it's using that 660 GPS but the direct to flight plan course don't show up on the GRT. Thats on a GRT Sport EX. Is there some conflict with the internal GPS1 that needs to be turned off? Any help appreciated, working on a friend's RV4 new set up for the SportEX and existing 660

Can I use the TX1 hard wire serial on a 660 and transfer that GPS flight plan and course over to a GRT map. I see the set up for serial 1 off the 660 and appears that it's using that 660 GPS but the direct to flight plan course don't show up on the GRT. Thats on a GRT Sport EX. Is there some conflict with the internal GPS1 that needs to be turned off? Any help appreciated, working on a friend's RV4 new set up for the SportEX and existing 660

Best to call GRT BUT. I had a Sport SX, I installed echo UAT, and safefly 2020. Yep conflicting with Sport. I was instructed to send in, but easy to open unit and unplug ribbon cable for internal GPS of the SX. Call Jeff. If a newly minted Sport, not sure it isn’t a SetMenu option. Good luck

Thanks Butch, we also have an Echo tied into this GRT Sport. And it works well on GPS2 as for Traffic and wx to the GRT. The installation says that it's possible to tie 2 external GPS into it ,I feel that we just haven't figuered how to turn off the internal one. But probably your best advice was to call GRT, thanks .

There's a Menu option to turn off the internal GPS without having the need to disconnect any wiring. I recently played around with it on my Horizon EX, but was not looking to see if the external flight plan was coming across as I was just looking at the serial counter to verify the input connection. However the conflict warning I was getting did go away when I turned off the internal GPS.

Hope this helps,
Rob
RV-7A N706DR

Back