What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Advice On Tires and Tubes

Terry Lutz

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I'm getting ready to replace my Goodyear Tires and need some opinions. They've been on about 4 years and have Michelin Air Stop tubes. Any recommendations on replacement tires (1), and would you also replace the Air Stop tubes at the same time (2). Thanks in advance for the multitude of opinions. BTW, I got 210 landings on hard surfaces with those tires and if I had rotated them at this time last year, they probably would have been good for another 6 months or so.

I use to like Goodyear tires till I tried Wilkerson retreads and now I like them the best. Most number of landings on the retread per tire change. Also a lot lower cost.

Been using Michelin Air Stop Tubes for a couple of decades. I went over 15-years till I pinched one and then replaced it. They are no longer $35 per tube like they were when I purchased my first set. IF I need a tube, I would complain about the high price but still buy them.

I use to like Goodyear tires till I tried Wilkerson retreads and now I like them the best. Most number of landings on the retread per tire change. Also a lot lower cost.

Been using Michelin Air Stop Tubes for a couple of decades. I went over 15-years till I pinched one and then replaced it. They are no longer $35 per tube like they were when I purchased my first set. IF I need a tube, I would complain about the high price but still buy them.

Are the Wilkerson retreads outer dimensions larger than same Goodyear? Does one need to worry about wheel pant clearances?

Back