What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Advice needed on aileron bellcrank assembly

cnpeters

Well Known Member
I'm mounting the aileron bellcranks, and it is obvious that the spar brackets (at least one of them) has to come off as there is no clearance to place the long AN-4 bolt through. Problem is that I can't reach the bracket nuts on the other side of the spar through the spar lightening holes that exist outboard. The lightening holes in the next bay will only allow 3/4 of my forearm thru - maybe one of my kids could reach. How did you guys do this??
Thanks,
Carl

Hi Carl,

There should be nutplates, not nuts and washers, on those bolts holding the bellcrank brackets. Check drawing 11.

"Doh!" is me. Indeed that's the case on the plans and when I undid the bolts. Can't believe I stared at that one for 10 minutes trying to figure it out.
Thanks,
Carl

cnpeters said:
"Doh!" is me. Indeed that's the case on the plans and when I undid the bolts. Can't believe I stared at that one for 10 minutes trying to figure it out.
Thanks,
Carl
Don't feel bad. I took at least 15 minutes and then still was afraid a nut was going to drop when I backed the bolt out! :eek: Screwed the bolt back in right away to check so I could start breathing again.

Back