What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Adjustable Rudder Pedals?

jlk

Has anyone found an existing system or made one of their own? My wife and I are vertically challenged and cushions do not satisfy the discrepancy between our leg lengths and my friends (wife is 4'11" friend is 6'2").

I just got back from Oshkosh and did not see one that would be a "drop in" solution. I liked the one in the Piper light sport but the pedals are mounted on the floor and the cables drive from the center. I think both of these problems are able to be overcome, if I can buy the hardware from Piper or direct from the Czech company. There also is nice looking hardware made aftermarket for the Lancair, but it is a four cable system that I cannot see any way to make work. Link to their site:

http://www.starflight.aero/legacy/rudderpedals.html

Jordan

Thanks Greg, very clever design. I may end up there, but I am trying to do something more adjustable and permanent. You certainly can't beat the cost of your solution. I am sure mine will end up 100 times as much, if I can make it happen.

Someone (maybe it will be me) needs to puzzle this out. I talked to Van's at Oshkosh and told them they should make a system as an option. I think they could make money selling it to their customers.

Jordan

Thanks Andrienne. I was aware of those and they look very nice. I still am looking into a fully adjustable solution. I have made inquiries into the system in the new Piper Light sport. Their system works very nicely and I think I can adapt it to the 7. So far the Piper repair facility I have talked to has no drawings or parts list for the plane. The Czech company did not respond to my email.

Jordan

Back