What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Add another Rolled Fuselage to the List!!!!

Flyguytki

Well Known Member
I finished the riveting on the forward skins this Saturday and was able to roll the fuse over! It will have to go back inverted one more time to apply the firewall sealant when it arrives but it is still a huge accomplishment in my book.

IMG_8795.jpg

IMG_8797.jpg

-david

where'd you get dimensions/specs for that fuselage stand? i need to make one but couldn't find any for some reason (could be user error)

everything I found was a fuselage "jig" for the RV6

where'd you get dimensions/specs for that fuselage stand? i need to make one but couldn't find any for some reason (could be user error)

everything I found was a fuselage "jig" for the RV6

You have the plans/dimensions for the airplane as well as having the actual fuselage kit. Just measure the aircraft and make your own.

You have the plans/dimensions for the airplane as well as having the actual fuselage kit. Just measure the aircraft and make your own.

i'm not retired like some folks here, i'm all about efficiency and learning from others mistakes, i'd rather work from plans and not learn as i go, I built the wingstand per plans and really appreciated some of the things they incorporated that i didn't want to have to think of myself

Now the fun begins! Crawling in and out of that thing a million times. :D

I built the same stand, but if I had to do it over I would lower it by at least 6 inches. It is just a little bit too high for me to bend over into the interior.

Thanks for the heads up, ill see how it goes for a few days, If I have too ill just take the wheels off and that should drop it by 3 inches, wont be able to roll, but there are worse things.

-david

Back