What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

actual bulkhead measurements requested

Scott Will

Well Known Member
So I'm trying my hardest to make the most accurate radio control version of the -7/-7A. The more I research it, the more I'm finding things aren't adding up! For instance, I scan the plans in and trace on top of them, I download the outline from the vansaircraft website, and I compare to actual measurements from my flying machine. Over a half inch here, under by an inch there... can't really find the Van's dxf or scanned plans to scale.

What I was hoping is that for someone building a -7 or -7A, would you be kind enough so as to measure the height and width of the fuselage bulkheads? Specifically the ones from F-706 and back as well as the firewall. I'm using the same reference line as my datum, the longeron under the canopy. It's hard taking measurements from my completed airframe, so I was wondering if someone had the bulkheads readily available to measure. (all I really need is the 1/2 width from the fuse centerline and total height... but also height above and below the longeron would be great, too)

I really appreciate it in advance. I'm hoping I can make some pretty darn close RC models to share down the road.

Take care,

Scott, if you can get a hold of a set of RV-6 plans, there are several pages with bulkhead drawings, that have x-y coordinates for all of the curves.

Hmmm haven't thought of that. Do we know that the bulkheads are the same on the 6 & 7? I thought the fuse was altered slightly (wider, longer)??

Back