What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACS ing wiring harness

Wild dogg

Patron
Started my RV9A engine Sunday to have a miss fire on cyc 3 called spruce got a returned email but was told the harness was not very good quality and you get what you pay for. I found this on a buddies RV4 and nothing was done Anyone with resolutions from spruce on there harness

Bill,
This isn’t the first time I’ve heard of problems from using the ACS ignition harness, or from the lack of support from Spruce. I guess you were referring to Shawn’s RV4 harness. I think he ended up buying the more expensive Champion or Kelly. When I bought my SureFly mag, I asked the SureFly tech about what harness he would recommend. He recommended Champion, Kelly, or another one I forgot the name of, but stay away from the ACS harness. They haven’t had good luck with that harness. Fortunately, my new engine from JBA came with a full Kelly harness, even though I ordered it with only one mag. Thank you Jimmy.

Last edited:
This post needs a lot more details. What brand is the ignition harness? How many hours on this ignition harness? Still under warranty? etc...

The ignition harness the OP is referring to is built for ACS (Spruce) and is considerably less expensive than the other harnesses mentioned in this thread.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/shieldedharness3.php?clickkey=3521

Bill is a friend of mine, at the same airport, and I know that is is a brand new harness, never flown yet. Others may have had good luck with them, but two so far at our same airport has not had good luck with them. When the seller - Aircraft Spruce - tells you that it’s not very good quality and you get what you pay for, that should say something to you. Shawn also had a similar response from ACS, also a brand new harness on a new yet to be flown RV with new engines.

Last edited:
Back