What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACS ignition switch

n700jl

Well Known Member
Hello! can someone tell me what size hole to drill in the panel for the ACS ignition switch? I have ordered one but I do not have it yet and I need to take the panel to the powder coat guy. I have been on the ACS website and Aircraft Spruce and there is not a diagram any where that I can see! Thanks!

Hi John.....

....the problem is that there's a small tab left that keeps the switch body from turning. You drill a smaller hole than you need intially, the edge of which just touches the inner end of the tab. You then overlay the backing plate of the switch and trace the opening and finish filing either side of the tab to dimension, so I can't give you a hole size.

Regards,

hole size 7/8"

I found this on aerocraftparts.com.

Item Number: A510-2

ACS Keyed Ignition Switch
Mfg By ACS Products Co.
These fine quality switches are being used in many production aircraft such as Lancair, Cessna, Schweizer, Ayers and Air Tractor. They provide "on" and "off" electrical control of both magnetos on single engine aircraft. The key-operated switches mount from rear of panel in 7/8" diameter hole. Ignition Switch comes with a switch plate, diode, and two keys.

With Starter Position

Back