What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACS Ignition Switch Service Bulletin

RV7ADRIVER

I'm New Here
I am trying to find a copy of the ACS Ignition Switch Service Bulletin SB92-01.
I've had no luck finding the text of the Bulletin with a search engine look up.
ACS Ignition Switch Part No. A-510-2
I believe that is the Ignition Switch included in Van's wiring kit.
My switch is newer than 1992. The SB probably does not apply but I want to know for sure. Do any of you know how to tell if that bulletin applies to a given switch? [Color mark, S/N range, etc.] Thanks.

Since you got me wondering too, my search came up with Cessna and Piper Tomahawk. This was in the Piper AD's:

93-05-06 Magneto/Start Switch & Solenoid Diode
To prevent failure of Mag/Start switch.
(a) Within 100 hours or at the next annual inspection, whichever is first, inspect the Mag/Start Switch
to detect wear and corrosion, and lubricate the switch, in accordance with ACS SB SB92-01 of Aug 15,1992.
If wear or corrosion is detected, replace the switch in accordance with the service bulletin.
Repeat this inspection and lubricate the Switch thereafter, at least every 2,000 hours.
(b) Inspect to see if a diode or other surge suppressor is installed on the Starter Solenoid.
If if there is none, install a Diode in accordance with ACS SB 92-01.

I think from memory when I fitted mine (post1993)there was a dab of orange paint on the screws at the rear of the switch to indicate the sb did not apply.
Hope this helps
Regards
Gray in oz

Back