What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACS A-510-2, one mag, Light Speed Ignition

bomber_JB

I have a Slick mag on the left side (lower plugs) and a Light Speed Plasma III on the right side (upper plugs). The Slick mag does not have an impulse coupler. It was my intention to start with the Lightspeed ignition only.

Now I'm trying to wire the ACS A-510-2 ignition switch so that during "Start" the left mag is grounded out. If it's not grounded it will fire 25 degrees before TDC with the Lightspeed firing at 0 degrees before TDC (with no manifold pressure). With manifold pressure the Light Speed advances to 25 degrees before TDC.

I have the ACS wiring diagram but it doesn't cover this complexity. There are notes but the functions of the "LR" and "BO" terminals are not clear.

Is it possible to accomplish what I want or am I going to have to install an impulse coupler on the left mag?

Thanks.

Jerry

Just change your Left/Right nomenclature and you'll be golden...(Right is the Slick, Left is the Plasma III)

Put the jumper between the R & GND (Terminal 1 in ACS parlance); This will turn the RIGHT magneto OFF when START is engaged.

Wire the Plasma III Output Connector, Pin 1 to the L terminal on key-switch

Wire the P-lead from the Slick magneto the the R terminal on key-switch.

B

Back