What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACK ELT Din plug numbering

Mark Albery

Well Known Member
I was about to connect up the 4-pin Din plug to the ACK ELT, but there seems to be a discrepancy between the ACK installation manual and Van's instructions at page 53-04.
I assume the view of the terminals is interpreted as looking at the solder pins, but the ACK manual shows a mirror image of the Van's.

I would guess that the ACK manual is likely to be correct. Can anyone confirm?ack_din.jpg

I was about to connect up the 4-pin Din plug to the ACK ELT, but there seems to be a discrepancy between the ACK installation manual and Van's instructions at page 53-04.
I assume the view of the terminals is interpreted as looking at the solder pins, but the ACK manual shows a mirror image of the Van's.

I would guess that the ACK manual is likely to be correct. Can anyone confirm?View attachment 54498
It looks to me that the two pictures are mating connectors, on female, one male.

It looks to me that the two pictures are mating connectors, on female, one male.
No. The features on the circumference are what you see on the solder pin end of the plug. The ACK manual also has a numbered illustration of the socket end of the plug, which is a mirror image of the numbering, as you would expect..
I'll pass the query to Van's support, which may take some time. Hoping that someone has seen and resolved the discrepancy previously.

Van's RV-14 section 53 instructions are revision 0 dated 2015 so that's a long time for an error to go undetected.

Attachments

• 1705830889820.jpeg
    1705830889820.jpeg
    593.7 KB · Views: 5
Back