What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Accuracy Avionics overhead console and NACA vents

Bart

Well Known Member
I'm installing the accuracy avionics overhead console and a couple of additional NACA vents behind the baggage compartment to pressurize the additional overhead vents. Tony at accuracy avionics sent me shots of an RV-10 that had installed these rear vents but I was curious about cutting through the F1006 bulkhead to get the vent lines through? Does anyone have experience with this install and can offer advice as to the routing of the vent tube to the overhead chamber to the vents?

I used 2" SCAT flanges from Vans attached to the baggage bulkhead. I installed with doublers on the forward side. NACA ducts are just aft of the baggage bulkhead and essentially in line with the stock ducts up front.

Bob #40105

Doublers and Flanges

Si I understand how you folsk installed these...You have the flange on one side and the exact same on the other side to connect to the overhead? I don't have the overhead yet so I'm guessing as to what that looks like.

Photos from Deems

Flanges on bulkhead. I did add a doubler on the forward side of the bulkhead since the holes are quite large.
DSC03959.JPG

And a photo of the vents:

DSC04402.JPG

The Spruce flanges are much stronger than the the Van's. You shouldn't need the doubler with them. I would also point out the small, limited area above the flanges to get a bucking bar in to rivet the top skin. Not saying mine are any better...but being able to remove the flanges with three screws allows you to rivet the bulkhead to top skin, then install the flanges. Really not practical with the pop riveted light weight Van's flanges.

Sorry Larry :)

It Arrived!

Larry, the overhead showed up today and it looks awesome. After pulling out the DVD player I line it up on the overhead to see how it looked. I liked the set up and believe I'll be happy with it. I thought it a little strange that I did not get instructions on mounting. Did you receive any? How did you seal against the bulkhead to prevent air leaks and keep the vent area somewhat pressurized? What did you to line up before you went about bonding it to the overhead? Sorry for all the questions...I'm also interested in learning other people?s lessons.

I am waiting for my overhead to arrive any day now. If someone does have some instructions can you post them so I can get them as well. I leave for Iraq in 16 days so I will not be installing it until I return so if I can get instructions now that saves some archive scouring later. Thanks.

Eric Kallio
40518 canopy...buildus interruptus

As much as I would love to jump into the spotlight...go to Deems Davis web site,

http://www.deemsrv10.com/

He has a great batch of photos and text covering the mounting of the overhead. If I can find the instructions from Accuracy I'll scan them and send them to whoever needs them but it is still pretty basic instruction...

Eric...good luck on your deployment, can't say I miss the rotation...but thanks to guys and gals like yourself who continue to serve our country like many of us before, my job is done unless I get the callback. Thanks for your service, be careful and remember...If somebody yells duck, it doesn't always mean what's for dinner.

Eric,
Good luck! I got back from Balad back in Sep. While I was there and not banging rivets I kept my brain working on the project by designing my electrical system and building my wirebook on my off time.

Accuracy avionics overhead console

I've been trying to get in touch with accuracy avionis
and cannot get a reply from them.
Phone lines are busy and email has not been returned.
Does anyone know if these folks are still in business?
I really would like to get an overhead console for my RV-10.

Anyone?

thank you

I've been trying to get in touch with accuracy avionis
and cannot get a reply from them.
Phone lines are busy and email has not been returned.
Does anyone know if these folks are still in business?
I really would like to get an overhead console for my RV-10.
Anyone?
thank you
I believe they went out of business over a month ago. :(
Gary

Overhead console Price

Hello to all

Does anybody knows the price of the Overhead Console and the Center Console (beneath the panel) from Accuracy Avionics??
I've tried a contact by e-mail with them, I think about 2 weeks ago, but i've got no reply from them.
Also, does anybody has installed a center console on RV-10 ??? I'm searching for some ideas and prices for a central console beneath the Instrument Panel, to install the throttle, prop and mixture.

I would be grateful for any information or ideas!

Thanks to all from Vans Airforce Forum!!!

Eduardo Leardini

Hi Eduardo,

Call me...we have a couple of the overhead consoles in stock...also center consoles/pedestals for the RV-10 as well.

Accuracy Avionics is out of business.

Cheers,
Stein

Back