What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Access panel screws

BrianP

A number of the screws holding on the exterior access panels have gotten stripped heads and are tough to turn. A couple screws and washers are missing. Are you able to get a set of these screws and washers from vans or aircraft spruce? If so, what would they be called or is there a part number to look for?

Thanks

The larger ones are AN509-8r8’s. The smaller ones are probably AN507-6r6’s.
Sounds like you purchased the plane? Be sure to purchase a set of plans from Vans if the originals did not come with the plane. All the hardware specs are there. A thumb drive with complete plans from Vans is only a few bucks and a must have—not just for you but for your A&P as well.
Hope this helps.

I’m searching for a good screw set as well, both ss and cad plated machine. If I find one I’ll pass the info along.

Thanks guys. Yes, I bought the plane. Just about to build a RV10, first parts of the kit just arrived. Will fly this one while building the other. I’m in Canada and here we can do our own maintenance even if we don’t build. Just working on the import annual inspection. Haven’t done this before so it’s definitely been taking a while! I’ll definitely get a copy of the plans for the 8.

Back