What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AA6-187X2X2 1/2 Leftover stock needed?

Brantel

Well Known Member
I had my head on backwards and cut the F601-J's wrong so I thought "oh poo" but I saw that I had enough stock left over to make at least one more from the piece that came with the fuse kit and I had a piece left over from the tank attach brackets on the wing kit. So I was able to make two more. :D

The question is, is this left over stock to be used somewhere else? Need to know if I should order a replacement piece or not...

I know the F-631Cs are made from the same angle (see DWG 39) but there may be other parts as well. The good news is that the F-631Cs are relatively narrow.

Don't ask me how I know this. ;)

The brackets for the tip up canopy that mount under the F705 bulkhead use that angle, if I'm not mistaken...

You are right Chad, 705G, DWG 20. forgot about both of those and the 631c. they become well hidden.

Chad, how could I forget about those!?!?! I was thinking one thing and typing another when I first responded. Duh! :D

Brian, one more thing... The RV7 Parts List is available in MS Excel (xls) format on the Yahoo RV Builders Group. It's useful because you can search and sort it when you have questions such as this.

Looks like there are enough peices that need this stock that I will be placing an order for another piece. Too bad but ACS does not have that size so I must order it from Vans. ACS is closer and cheaper on shipping....

Last edited:
RV7Factory said:
Brian, one more thing... The RV7 Parts List is available in MS Excel (xls) format on the Yahoo RV Builders Group. It's useful because you can search and sort it when you have questions such as this.

Thanks a ton Brad, whoever did this spreadsheet, thanks to you as well.
This spreadsheet makes it much easier!

I had my head on backwards and cut the F601-J's wrong so I thought "oh poo" but I saw that I had enough stock left over to make at least one more from the piece that came with the fuse kit and I had a piece left over from the tank attach brackets on the wing kit. So I was able to make two more. :D

The question is, is this left over stock to be used somewhere else? Need to know if I should order a replacement piece or not...

Although this thread is from 2007... It popped up in a google search for the Aluminum angle AA6-187x2x2 1/2 that I just screwed up. Come to find out I also have some extra from the wing kit. Just saved me a rush order from Van's and sittin around for a week.

Gotta love this site.

Last edited:
If you have the tools (scanner + software)...I scanned all the preview plans in and then ran them through the software to make the PDF OCR-compliant, so I can search the entire set of plans for specific text. VERY useful when you've racked your brain going "I *know* I saw that part on *one* of these plans...which one?" :)

Back