What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AA6-125 in wing kit

Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
OK, I've already made the main longerons from the loooooooong AA6-125x3/4x3/4 pieces...what are the *other* two loooong (9' 10") AA6-125x3/4x3/4 pieces that shipped with the wing, but are used in the fuselage, used for?

I'm at the step of mating the center and aft fuselages and searching for some AA6-125x3/4x3/4 to use to bend the skins, but these two pieces are apparently *not* scrap pieces (I have a bunch of miscellaneous bits left over from my neighbor's -8, just not *that* size, it seems :( ).

The other two pieces are stock. Cut as you need them. The only sizes of any length left at that point are for the foward end of the fuse/firewall. they are also cut from the stock.
For the scrap for that bend, I would go to Lowe's and buy some cheap stock and save the large pieces for real airplane parts.

Thanks for the scoop, guys! And it turns out we have quite a bit of extra stock (including the two main longerons, full length) leftover from my neighbor's 8 (he did the quickbuild fuselage, so didn't need the AA6-125 for those).

Back