What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AA .063 x 3/4 x 3/4 ....

mototopo

Well Known Member
Building the fuselage firewall and bulkheads I used the AA .063 supplied in the fuselage kit. Now I need more AA to complete the bulkheads... Do I have to use the 144" long AA pieces supplied in the wing kit or are they to be used for some particular task later??

I still have two long pieces of aa about ten feet long each that came With the wing kit and I am done with all but fwf and instruments. One is 1/8 and the other 1/16. I think vans put it in there to use as necessary. I expect to be using some of each for the fwf installation but I hope not all ten feet of them.

AA 063 3/4X3/4

Just read my BOM from the wing kit and it lists a long piece for use on the fuselage. Shipped with the longerons. You're good to go.

Paul
N277PM
LAF

Building the fuselage firewall and bulkheads I used the AA .063 supplied in the fuselage kit. Now I need more AA to complete the bulkheads... Do I have to use the 144" long AA pieces supplied in the wing kit or are they to be used for some particular task later??

Check drawing # 18. IIRC, the two main longerons for the fuselage ship with the wing kit. Dwg # 18 shows the longerons as 173 7/16" long.

extry

Check drawing # 18. IIRC, the two main longerons for the fuselage ship with the wing kit. Dwg # 18 shows the longerons as 173 7/16" long.

the longerons are .125

I hope people aren't trying to use .063 for longerons:p

no, you're right about the longerons shipping with the wing kit (due to the length) and I can recall getting some extra pieces there too that i've not yet used. but remember also, mototopo has two pieces 144 inches (too short to be a longeron if they were .125, and too thin/small to boot) can't think of anything else that long that he'd need to account for... I'm still building the fuselage though.

I set the .125 angle apart to not be tempted to cut them for any use other than build the longherons!!

The AA I was refering to is .063. I was just afraid there was a special use for this long angle, but as I understand, it is just stock to be used to fabricate the various parts needed.

Back