What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A210 intercom

I have one...

I have one in my RV4. I do not have any sound deadening or insulation, so my 4 is very loud! With the squelch set at max, I would still occasionally get a hot mic on takeoff. A few months ago, I installed the leather mic covers (from Spruce). I no longer have a problem.
I like the idea of two in one but unless, you do not have the panel space, you can?t afford an intercom, or you are trying to save weight (my case), I would install a dedicated intercom.
Unrelated: My antenna cable occasionally comes unplugged from the back of the radio. It?s not hard to plug it back up, but I must be on the ground to do it.
I am not bashing the Icom and have no plans to change mine now. Just an opinion from a fellow consumer.

A few A210's on the local field here, both standalone and with separate intercoms. If you only have one radio anyway, and don't plan on needing a second, the built-in intercom works quite well. If you want more than one radio, you'll probably want an audio panel with its own built-in intercom.

You can tie more than one Aux input to the A210 as well, so you can listen to your TCAS, GPS, or iPod while you fly. They've packed a rather large set of features into this radio. The only thing I would say is "missing" is bluetooth... The PS Engineering audio panel/COM is still one step better in that regard.

Back