What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A/P disconnect switch

Dave12

Well Known Member
I started to configure the AP74 and all was well until prompted to push a/p disc. switch. The switch lights up when the strobes are turned on the way it should and pin placement was double checked. I was just wondering if others have had this occur? Thanks in advance

Auto Pilot Disconnect Switch.

Have you calibrated the Autopilot Per the Dynon installation Manual, Section 8 Page 14? If not then the Disconnect Switch will not work.:cool:

Thanks for the info. Jetguy. I found that I have a defective A/P Disconnect switch. For those who have not installed theirs yet, a simple continuity check will tell the tale. Van's said this is the first one they have heard about.

We had one too! We ended up buying a second switch, thinking it was the connection I put in the middle so that we could replace the center panel without problem. I afterwards tested it and discovered our switch was bad.

I too made the connection under the panel and am glad I did. To continue with the a/p config. I just bridged the terminals and it worked fine.

Back