What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A Norwegain wife's 50-year birthday present to her hubby

ao.frog

Well Known Member
Hi all.

Just wanted to share some pics with you. Reason is that my wife and me are members of a music-band and this month the conductor of the band, Ivar, is having his 50th birthday.

A while ago his wife came to me and asked if I'd take him up for a RV-ride just before his birthday and ofcourse I said yes.

She kept this secret to him and about two weeks ago, she said to him they where going to visit her aunt for coffee.
She drove in the general direction of her aunts house, but pretended to make two wrong turn-offs in two roundabouts and ended up heading towards the airport where I have my RV.
She pretended she would look for a place to turnaround and ended up in front of the airport where I was waiting together with the bandleader and the NCO.
At this point it finally dawned on Ivar that this was going to be something else than a coffee-visit ond he got a big "pre-ride" RV-grin on his face.

We had a great trip where he flew most of the sightseeing-part and at the very end I showed him a few basic acro-maneuvers.

When we taxied in, the leader and the NCO had changed into band-uniforms and set a coffee-table incuding some "bubbly" and a congratulation-card.

We all had a great time and here's some pics:

Here we are taxing in:

And he sure had a big RV-grin:

The bubbly was ready for handover: (nice card, eh?)

The bandleader had written a poem on the card which she read out loud to all of us:

And he sure was a happy dude:

By the way: he had damaged his finger the day before and taped it in along with the other.

And finally it was time for coffee, bubbly and cake:

Just wanted to share with you guys how a RV can be used to make a nice birthday-present from the wife to her hubby. :)

A well planned party which obviously was greatly appreciated, a milestone for your friend and the RV. The big five-o comes around only once. It is interesting how much alike we are no matter where we live on the planet.

Thanks for sharing.

Back