What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A new tool in the family, and what a tool it is!

tailcreek_flyer

]OK, so its not in my shop but my son’s latest business venture has made a trotec speedy 400 co2 laser cutter and engraver readily available for the RV project. My wife and I dropped over to his place for a demo yesterday. The engraver has a 24″ by 39″ work area and the front and back access panels drop down to accept larger items such as doors or large counter tops. He had a number of granite and quartz countertop samples on hand so we grabbed an image from the Vans Aircraft web site, did a bit of Corel magic on it and then down loaded it to the printer (laser). It took a couple of minutes to produce a nice coaster. The laser is pretty cool to watch in action. Its quite a step forward from the Roland graphics cutter we have in the shop for doing vinyl graphic work. I am glad I didn’t farm out all the placard work in the project. Now I can do up the art work myself and then send it over to the production shop. Its funny how things turnaround overtime. Used to be he was borrowing my tools….
DSC0415.jpg

More pictures on my web site www.tailcreek.com/tcaviate
Cam Andres
RV9A - waiting for spring then final assembly starts - almost there
CH701 - C-FCAM

Last edited:
Back