What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

9A at KGWS

rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
This morning, Dave (flyinmonque) flew to Glenwood Springs to look at my empannage and make sure I wasn't making too big of a mess that couldn't be fixed. His 9a is beautiful and he has almost 1000 hours on it. The airport manager kept saying how great the paint job is. I agree. Dave gave me my first ride in a RV a few months ago. Thanks Dave!

DAVE.jpg

Thanks for post rockwood. Now we know who the mysterious monk is :D His fascinating pictures were on front page for couple years. Good job!

BTW we will figure out your first name too when cousin and I visit Colorado ;) You live in picturesque area.

Thanks for post rockwood. Now we know who the mysterious monk is :D His fascinating pictures were on front page for couple years. Good job!

BTW we will figure out your first name too when cousin and I visit Colorado ;) You live in picturesque area.

Actually, that is my first name!

Glad to help out.

Hey Rocky,
Get pounding those rivets and get your next order in! Building is fun but better to fly.
Here's a few shots from the flight down and back.

Snow in the Flat Tops looks more like mid June. Temp at 14K was 32* at 8:15am
picture003ye.jpg

Heading west out of Glenwood Springs to get altitude to head north. New Castle rt. of center. I-70 and Colorado river below.
picture001fv.jpg

Looking up a canyon towards the north almost high enough to turn and continue to climb.
picture002qzb.jpg

Last edited:

Looking into my crystal ball I see many sheep and someone building a very smooth 9A. My guess is his first name is Shepard.

photo from deck

Dave, I took the photo you asked for from the deck just to show what is like to live here in Colorado. Sometimes it is hard to get back to work on the plane! Now I want to see one from your house.
view.jpg
[/IMG]

Back