What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

9A Aft Fuselage J-stiffeners

smithhb

Well Known Member
9A Aft Fuselage J-channels

Tonight I decided to cut my J-channels to the correct length and pulled out the taped bundle of six stiffeners. The only problem is they are all 72" long. Kinda tough to cut them to 50 3/16", 88 7/16" and 94 5/16".

Am I missing something or has Vans shipped me the wrong length J-channels?

Last edited:
Carefully read through your shipping list. I can't remember how those stringers arrived, but I do remember that there were a number of long bundles that had parts nested inside.

I don't think you're missing anything except the right J-channels...sounds like a call to Van's is in order.

J-Channels

Naw, it seems the Fuse kit is supposed to come with six (6) J-channels, each 96" long...I received 6 channels, only 72" long.

Must be for the "midget" 9. :D

Hello Vans???

You probably got the kit for the RV-9 LSA.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Hi Bret,
We know exactly how you feel. About a week and a half ago we pulled the bundle and found the same problem. We checked every corner of the basement before giving in to the reality that Vans had shipped the wrong parts and we had missed it during initial inventory. We called Vans and they were willing to exchange the parts. All we needed to do was ship back the 6' channel.

Better Deal

I spoke with Joe at Vans yesterday and they are shipping me 4- 96" J-channels (two of the 72" ones are ok). And I don't have to ship the wrong ones back!

Back