What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

90 Degree Oil Filter Adaptor with Van's Tach Sensor

Scott DellAngelo

Well Known Member
In my quest to finish my airplane (inspection is Thursday) I have run into a problem. I have had an oil leak when I run the engine and FINALLY found it. There is a hairline crack in my oil filter adaptor (standard lycoming one). I will order one of the nice 90 degree ones Monday.

Last edited:
eci filter adapter

Scott I have the eci adapter, and the only problem I have is I can't use the longer oil filters, it would hit
the engine mount.. another 1/2 would be perfect for
my setup rv9a 0320 , I am using a machanical Tac
drive / cable.. as a back up to the dynon d-180
plus I got a good deal on it.. anyway I don't know exactly how the transducer works but if it connects
like a cable would, then the adapter has a rounded
cutout area on mine for the cable or whatever connects to that output shaft.. hope this helps..
I am will just use the shorter filter to start, if that doesn't work out then 1/2 spacer would be much
better , plus it would be easier for the filter change, keeps it away from running down the acc case..

Danny..

When I switched to the ECI 90degree adapter I had to get the "extension cable" from Vans to move the transducer away from that location. It's a 8-10" cable that screws in place and then you can mount the transducer in another location. Works great.

I had to switch from a 90 degree to a straight adapter on my Aerosport/Superior engine. It was a challenge to swap out, I wish they'd picked up the interference before hand.

Vern Little

Back