What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

9 Tank Attach Brackets q

swixtt

Well Known Member
so after taking good care to align these W-932DG on the T-912 brackets, i have a problem with the one 3/16" hole that matches up with the hole in the wing spar. they are close, so very close but just off a bit.
i feel like i should have not drilled that one in the angle and marked it first, took it off and drilled that one, then back on to drill the remaining two.
i'm wondering if those AACQ blind rivets shifted ever so slightly when i fastened that bracket down.
anyone else have this sort of problem with those?

I had to "move" one or two spar holes to line them up with the tank attach bracket. Do this before skinning the wing. It also helps to enlarge the bolt hole before riveting the nutplate to the attach bracket.

Z-brackets...

These are the z-brackets right? I thought I had alignment problems with my z-brackets also. Finally I figured out that if I put bolts in the brackets in the right order without tightening any of them down I could get them all in. Here's what I did.

First thread one bolt into each bracket, just enough to ensure that it is tracking in the tread. Then I put the other two bolts into each of the brackets, again, just enough to ensure that each of the bolts is threading into the nutplate. Only after all bolts in all nutplates were in did I begin tightening them down.

I got good at this, even though the first time I put the tank on I thought that two or three of the brackets did not line up.

Michael-

yes the z-brackets
i haven't drilled the other two holes in those brackets that attach to the spar, just the one in the middle that they want you to drill with that jib beforehand. no nutplates on that one yet either of course.

Back