What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

9/9A QB wing question

airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
I want to have fuel return lines to the outside bay on my wings for the possibility of future need, and cap them until/unless needed. Can this be done with the QB wings (tanks completed at factory) or do I need to build the tanks myself? From what I've seen and read here, it looks like SB for me...

I'd bet on SB

I'm in the end throes of slow building my RV-9 tanks now, and I can't see how you could run vent lines in a closed up tank.

BTW - it's not "that" bad.... when I'm done, if there are no leaks (fingers crossed), I'll post a list of tools/techniques that I used. I'm doing both tanks at the same time.

One last thing - I see you're in the lobbying phase (that lasted 20 minutes for me). When I started and before, I always swore I'd go quickbuild - I thought I'd never get it done otherwise. After building the tail I learned that slowbuild was for me. So far that is still the right decision. I've been moving along on it pretty well and I'll be glad to have that $8K to spend on other stuff later. Maybe you'll have the same experience,

good luck,

Last edited:
airguy said:
I want to have fuel return lines to the outside bay on my wings for the possibility of future need, and cap them until/unless needed. Can this be done with the QB wings (tanks completed at factory) or do I need to build the tanks myself? From what I've seen and read here, it looks like SB for me...
You could run the lines externally on the back of the baffle.

I thought of that as well, but as much of a gearhead as I am, and they way I love to tinker with stuff, I think the SB decision is pretty well made.

By the way - the "lobbying" part really only lasted a short time and is over with. I promised her (and myself) I wouldn't start until we were debt-free except for the house. We are now on track for ballpark Christmastime this year for that goal, and that's all I'm waiting on.

Back