What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

8th Annual Beer Tasting Event @ HBC - Sunday July 21st

roadrunner20

Well Known Member
Posting this mostly plagarized post from Mike Bullock over previous years.... The original genius who created this event.
The folks at HBC have been nice enough to continue to allow us to hold our Homebuilt Camping Sunday Night Beer Tasting again this year. I guess we have fooled them for the past 7 events into thinking we are responsible upstanding citizens of the community :D

5 Simple Rules:
  • Bring a 6 pack of your local brew to participate, is mandatory for participation.
  • Be mindful of others at the pavilion, there are others not participating in this event.
  • Must be 21 yo to participate, we'll be watching you. Please don't spoil it for others.
  • Drink responsibly.
  • Clean up after yourself
We will kick off the event at 5pm! We will start setting up and accepting beer to chill down around 3pm.

Oshkosh's policy has been no outside alcohol through the gates, which they have seem to been cracking down on more and more each year. So be creative, find somewhere to sneak it over/under the fence, get the Welcome Wagon to help you get it through the gate, bribe the guard!

This is not an official EAA/HBC event.

[ed. Thank you Danny! I also added this to 'The OSH RV Thread Sticky'. v/r,dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
A six pack fits perfectly between the flap bar and the seat back in an RV-7. :cool: Already provisioned.
IMG_20240622_125701574_HDR.jpg

it's oshkosh time again and right on schedule that big elephant parks itself right next to my computer. attend an event ok'd by osh but smuggle illegal drinks on to the grounds. i swear i can't believe i am going thru those backbag searches every time, and a 6 pack is not found.do the searchers have no dignity? i don't shoplift, steal and am law abiding. this is just wrong. at what point is some eighteen year old gonna pull you aside, throw you in cuffs and read you your rights? i know, a little dramatic but college days were 50 years ago and it just rubs me the wrong way.
i know, if you don't like guns don't buy one.
i can't imagine going to the fence and passing the brew over/under, probably get run over.
i have been to at least 5 of these, including the first one and i enjoy it so much. it is the biggest reason i show up sunday and camp. i like it more than the rv social. but the social is painless.
so is there any way whoever is in charge can make this happen without all the drama? i would gladly walk in and drop $20 in the can for my 6 beers.

Back