What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

8a seats

burgundyja

Well Known Member
i cant seam to be able to find f-832c-L and R. is it posiable that i have to make those. if so is there a detail on a dwg that i am missing? also i am putting on the fiberglass top of the rear seat is there anything difrant than the plans with the metal top?

Should be in 8/8A FUSE ANG & TUBING-1

If I am remembering correctly the two pieces of angle are attached together, you have to break them appart, the sticker number is F -832C, breaking them appart gives you the left and the right. But that was about a year ago. I can't help with the reat seat top, as I have only done the aluminum. But I sure was glad not to have to deal with fiberglass now that I am up to my neck in epoxy with the cowling:mad:

Randy, 8A
finishing, FWF

i cant seam to be able to find f-832c-L and R. is it posiable that i have to make those. if so is there a detail on a dwg that i am missing? also i am putting on the fiberglass top of the rear seat is there anything difrant than the plans with the metal top?

They are in the "Fuse Angle and Tube bundle"
They are bare thick aluminum with the holes prepunched.

Randy is correct ... break them apart and trim the corner on each.
I also have the metal top ( -1 kit).
Hope this helps.

how old is your kit

This could be something that Vans has started recently making for you with there kits. I bought my fuse about a year and a half ago and they were basicly made for me, when did you buy your fuse kit? It might be old enough that you have to construct them.

Randy

The fiberglass looks difficult but it turned out to be pretty simple. Set the completed aluminum porrtion in place and then center the fiberglass top in the opening. Tape/clamp/hold in place and drill. Mine was warped and one side stuck in an inch past the side of the seatback. You can cut the fiberglass to fit, and reglass to the seatback with a couple of plys and some flox. I used a heat gun to help persuade the cut piece to a new shape.

Can't speak of aluminum top.

RV-8(A) fuselage questions need to be prefaced with whether you are building with full prepunched (-1) fuselage or not. There are big differences between the two in regards to how many parts are builder fabricated.

Back