What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

8 position floating plug (wing connection)

AJBENKER

On page 31B-24 I am installing the electrical bracket to the seat ramp floor. I do not have holes in the ramp floor. I went back several times to see if I missed that step. Has anyone else had this situation? If so what is the best method to locate these holes for drilling at this stage of the build?

As I recall, what you need is plan sheet Page 31A-09 -- some builders (depending on the issue date of their plans I guess) did not get this sheet that describes the location of the holes. Also, I recall that there is a template to locate these four holes. Call Van's to get the missing info.

You probably have a kit that is of similar vintage as mine, there were some changes made by Vans in between finishing our wings and getting the fuse/finish kits. So , yes, you need to contact vans to get the upgrade parts, plans and template.
Nice to hear of another 12 in the great northeast!

I received the extra parts and the template from Vans and all went together well. In fact, I am amazed at how well everything has gone together so well. If something has not matched up as it should....I go back and find out WHAT I HAVE DONE WRONG.

Regarding the above installation...I might add that IN MY OPINION the electrical diagram showing how the pins are inserted into the molex connector are incorrect. Change the term from "pin insertion view" to "back view" and they are correct. But like Dennis Miller always said...."this is just my opinion" Anyone else notice this?

Back